To create a cluster using Anthos on bare metal, you need:
- PowerFlex family product – System/Rack/Appliance. PowerFlex 3.5.1 or later configured in two-layer, HCI, or mixed architecture.
- Google Account, GCP Service Account, and a billing-enabled GCP project.
- A Linux workstation machine with gcloud, gsutil, kubectl, docker, and bmctl utilities installed and access to the nodes as described in the Google document Installation prerequisites.
- Network access to Google Cloud APIs (servicemanagement.googleapis.com and servicecontrol.googleapis.com).
- Operating system and support matrix, see Anthos Storage Validation, Anthos Platform Validation.
- A Layer 4 network load balancer.
The following table shows the hardware requirements for running Anthos on bare metal:
Table 5: Minimum and recommended hardware requirements for running Anthos on bare metal