Anthos clusters on VMware require a Layer 4 network load balancer and integrates with F5 BIG-IP load balancer.
Register, login, and download the Big-IP Virtual Edition OVA from the BIG-IQ Virtual Editions official site. Use this file to deploy the OVF template.
- Log in to the PowerFlex Management Controller vCSA.
- Right-click the cluster and select Deploy OVF Template. The Deploy OVF Template wizard appears:
- On the Select template page, select the Big-IP Virtual Edition OVA file and click Next.
- Ensure to update all the mandatory fields in the following pages:
- Select name and location.
- Select a resource.
- Review details.
- Accept license agreements.
- Select configuration.
- Select storage: Select vsan-datastore.
- Select network: Select the appropriate Networks for the internal, external, and management networks as defined in the Logical design section.
- Ready to complete.
- Click Finish to start the deployment. For more information, see Deploy an OVF or OVA Template.
- After the deployment of the virtual appliance, power the appliance from the vCenter.
- If the management network is configured with DHCP, then it should receive a DHCP address.
- If the management is configured for static address, then you must configure the management interface using VM console. For more information, see Deploying BIG-IP Virtual Edition in ESXi.
Result: You must successfully set up the Management Interface.
- Log in to the management interface of the load balancer using a browser.
- Go to Try F5 official site to get the F5 trial license.
- Configure the self-IPs for the external and internal interface.
- Create the Administrative and User partition.
For more information, see Installing F5 BIG-IP ADC for Anthos GKE on-prem.