- Ensure that the cluster contains homogenous nodes. For example, the nodes must have the CPUs either from Intel or AMD and from the same processor family. Having nodes that include CPUs from both Intel and AMD or from different processor family is not supported.
- OMIMSWAC Premium License for Microsoft HCI Solutions must be installed on each cluster node.
- In Windows Admin Center, connect to a cluster.
- In Windows Admin Center, under Extensions, click Dell OpenManage Integration.
- In Dell OpenManage Integration, select . Another menu with drop-down appears. Select CPU Core.
- To manage CPU cores, click Update CPU Core. The Update CPU Core wizard is displayed on the right.
- In the Update CPU Core wizard, select the number of cores to be used based on workloads. Based on the CPU core manufacturer (Intel or AMD), you can configure the cores in the following table. To maintain cluster homogeneity, OMIMSWAC applies the same configuration across all nodes in the cluster.Note: Changing the number of cores impacts the overall core count of the cluster. Ensure that you are using the right number of cores to maintain the balance between power and performance.
Table 5. CPU CPU type Instructions Intel CPU
- Select the number of cores you want to enable per CPU.
- Minimum number of cores that can be enabled is four. You can enable all the cores that you want to manage workloads.
AMD CPU N/A
- Select one of the following options to apply the changes and reboot nodes:
Note: The Apply and Reboot now process requires the CredSSP to be enabled. To improve security, disable CredSSP after the CPU configuration changes are complete.
- Apply and Reboot Now: Select this option if you want to apply the changes and reboot the cluster nodes now. Dell Technologies recommends using this option as the nodes are rebooted automatically by taking care of the workloads using cluster aware feature.
- Apply at Next Reboot: Select this option if you want to apply the changes now and reboot the cluster nodes later. Ensure that you reboot the cluster nodes later to successfully apply the CPU core changes. Also, ensure to take care of the workload before rebooting the nodes.
- To apply the changes, click Confirm.