Following are the steps to add RCG:
- From the PowerFlex GUI, select Protection > RCGs > Add.
- Provide the RCG Name.
- Enter the RPO value in seconds or minutes.
- Select the Source Protection Domain, Target System, Target Protection Domain, and click Next.
- Select the volume from the Source column and then select a volume of the same size from the Target column.
Note: The volume must be manually created or should be present at the target site.
- Click Add Pair and click Next.
- Review the details to ensure the correct source and target volume pairs are selected and click Add RCG & Start Replication.
Figure 4. RCG
- After creating the RCG, it must be mapped to relevant ESXi SDCs at the recovery site as read-only.