This Ready Stack provides the following key benefits:
- Resiliency—The Ready Stack architecture ensures that no single point of failure exists. Redundancy, which includes server high-availability features, redundant networking, and multipath storage, is incorporated in the critical aspects of the Ready Stack.
- Virtualization support—We designed this Ready Stack for general-purpose virtualized workloads. Each server is equipped with suitable processing power, memory, and connection options to support Ethernet or Fibre Channel (FC)-attached storage. Each server also supports multiple transport protocols for added deployment flexibility. Various integration points provide for advanced functionality and increased visibility of your end-to-end virtualized environment.
- Scalability—You can configure this Ready Stack to suit your virtualized infrastructure needs. The Ready Stack supports flexibility in the form of various options. Options include server model, number of compute servers, server processor model, server memory capacity, type of PowerStore storage, and storage capacity.
- Storage intelligence—The PowerStore system achieves new levels of operational simplicity and agility, using a container-based architecture, advanced storage technologies, and intelligent automation to unlock the power of your data. Based on a scale-out architecture and hardware-accelerated advanced data reduction, the PowerStore system is designed to deliver enhanced resource utilization and performance that keeps pace with application and system growth. PowerStore T models provide organizations with all the benefits of an enterprise unified storage platform for block, file, and vVol data, while enabling flexible growth with the intelligent scale-up and scale-out capability of appliance clusters.
- Integrated management—This Ready Stack includes the following Dell EMC management tools:
- Dell EMC OpenManage Integration for VMware vCenter—A virtual appliance that enables administrators to view physical host details in vSphere.
- Dell EMC Virtual Storage Integrator (VSI)—A vCenter plug-in that enables administrators to view, manage, and optimize storage for vSphere servers and hosts.
- Dell EMC Integrated Dell Remote Access Controller 9 (iDRAC9)—An out-of-band (OOB) management tool for PowerEdge rack servers. iDRAC9 has its own HTML5-based UI and can be accessed through various methods, including SSH, RACADM, and the Redfish API. iDRAC9 Group Manager provides a one-to-many console for accessing the details of multiple servers. Administrators can also use Dell EMC OpenManage Enterprise to manage server content that is accessible through iDRAC9.
- Dell EMC OpenManage Enterprise—A systems management and monitoring application that provides a comprehensive view of the Dell EMC servers, storage, and switches on the enterprise network. The application’s intuitive one‑to-many HTML5 management console is deployed as a virtual appliance for VMware ESXi and other platforms.