Due to more options and increasing complexity, managing IT infrastructure in a data center is becoming increasingly difficult. Changing data center infrastructure that has evolved over time can significantly affect stability, performance, costs, and upgradability.
Dell EMC Ready Stack solutions are proven, tested, and optimized to help organizations meet long-term data center needs for various mixed workloads. This Ready Stack solution provides the simplicity of a complete, yet flexible, validated converged infrastructure (CI) that is based on the following components:
- Dell EMC PowerMax storage
- Dell EMC PowerEdge MX7000 modular chassis
- Dell EMC PowerSwitch S-Series switches—stand alone or as part of Big Cloud Fabric (BCF)
- VMware Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS)
- Big Switch Networks BCF
- Dell EMC Integrated Data Protection Appliance (IDPA) DP4400 backup solution
This solution provides:
- One trusted vendor for all physical CI stack components—compute, storage, networking, and data protection.
- Design and deployment guidance that incorporates validation, interoperability testing, and best practices.
- Design guidance that focuses on scale, flexibility, and high availability.
- A reference architecture that incorporates physical topology diagrams and general connectivity guidelines.
- Unified management and system monitoring through VMware vCenter. Adding the BCF plug-in for VMware vSphere Web Client enables the vCenter administrator to monitor and configure BCF, and to perform virtual machine (VM)-to-VM troubleshooting.