This Ready Stack was designed with two types of compute sleds: PowerEdge MX740c and PowerEdge MX840c. Within the MX7000 blade chassis:
- The MX740c server features the Intel Xeon Scalable processor, with up to 24 DIMMs, PCI Express (PCIe) 3.0-enabled I/O slots, and a choice of high-bandwidth Ethernet and FC mezzanine cards.
- The MX840c server features the Intel Xeon Scalable processor, with up to 48 DIMMs, PCIe 3.0-enabled I/O slots, and a choice of high-bandwidth Ethernet and FC mezzanine cards.
Both server models use QLogic dual-port 25 Gb QLogic FastLinQ QL41262 CNAs.
The PowerEdge MX7000 chassis hosts elastic compute and storage resources that are connected by a smart I/O fabric. Featuring an innovative design to accommodate streamlined transition to emerging technologies, the chassis delivers extensibility for evolving application requirements. Features include:
- Flexible 7U modular enclosure, with eight front-accessible slots, that holds 2-socket single-width or 4-socket double-width compute sled and 12 Gb/s single-width storage sled combinations
- Low-latency, cost-efficient 25 GbE, 12 Gb SAS, and 32 Gb FC I/O options
- Three I/O networking fabrics, two general purpose and one storage specific, each with redundant modules
- Scalable fabric architecture for multichassis networking (up to 10 chassis)
- Assured support for multiple future generations of server processor microarchitectures