This Ready Stack provides the following key benefits:
- Resiliency—The Ready Stack architecture ensures that no single point of failure exists. Redundancy is incorporated in the critical aspects of the Ready Stack, which includes server high-availability features, redundant networking, and multipath storage.
- Virtualization support—We designed this Ready Stack for general-purpose virtualized workloads. Each server is equipped with suitable processing power, memory, and converged network adapters that support Ethernet and Fibre Channel (FC) as required for virtualization.
- Scalability—You can configure this Ready Stack to suit your specific needs for a virtualized infrastructure. The Ready Stack supports flexibility in the form of various options, such as server model, number of compute servers, server processor model, server memory capacity, type of FC storage, and FC storage capacity.
- Powerful all-flash storage—PowerMax storage is a high-end addition to Dell EMC’s broad all-flash portfolio. It is well-suited for organizations that are seeking a future-proof scale-out storage architecture that is based on the latest NVMe technology, massive consolidation at scale, and rich data services. Included is PowerMaxOS, an operating system with a built-in machine-learning engine to support next-generation media.
- Integrated data protection—The IDPA preconfigured backup solution combines protection storage and software, search, analytics, and simplified management. In addition, Dell EMC RecoverPoint for Virtual Machines protects at virtual machine (VM)- level granularity with local and remote replication for recovery to any point in time.
- Integrated management—This Ready Stack includes integrated management through Dell EMC OpenManage Integration for VMware vCenter (OMIVV) and Dell EMC Virtual Storage Integrator (VSI). The OMIVV plug-in enables physical host details to become visible in VMware vSphere. VSI enables administrators to view and manage storage for VMware ESX/ESXi servers and hosts.
The Dell EMC Integrated Dell Remote Access Controller 9 (iDRAC9) is the out-of- band (OOB) management tool for Dell EMC PowerEdge rack servers and blade servers. It has its own HTML5-based UI and can be accessed using various methods, such as SSH, RACADM, and the Redfish API.
iDRAC9 Group Manager provides a one-to-many console for accessing the details of multiple servers. As needed, administrators can also use Dell EMC OpenManage Enterprise (OME) and OME Modular Edition to talk to and view server content that is accessible through iDRAC9.
OME Modular Edition is a comprehensive embedded systems management system. It provides key functions of OME management within the chassis for the entire environment and serves as a single management point for compute, storage, and networking. One can simultaneously deploy and monitor multiple chassis, roll out changes and templates faster, and integrate with third-party tools.
The IDPA DP4400 backup solution is optimized for VMware environments. Because it is integrated with VMware, the IDPA DP4400 empowers administrators to perform most common backup and recovery tasks directly from the native vSphere UI. In addition, the IDPA System Manager provides an HTML5-based UI to simplify and automate data protection management, monitoring, and reporting.