Large-scale deployments handle thousands of video hours per day and usually include 10 servers or more. The architecture may include infrastructure components specifically for monitoring, centralized logging, queuing, and more.
In all implementations, the VSServer service is responsible for various maintenance and monitoring related activities including:
- Watchdog the RESPOND tasks in case of a task failure
- Create RESPOND tasks when a user creates or modifies a rule
- Provide a live image for the RESPOND task configuration wizard
- Provide the list of cameras for the camera activation dialog of the Web Admin.
- Create the scheduled RESEARCH tasks
- Send the outbound alerts to the outbound API and also sends alerts to the VMS clients that have real-time alerts integration (level 2a or above)
- Trigger the data maintenance activity
- Clear inactive sessions