Follow these Dell EMC-recommended practices for configuring the servers:
- Use the latest BIOS and firmware for the PowerEdge servers.
- Use the latest vendor-subscribed HBA drivers.
- Enable Intel Hyper-Threading, which enables higher utilization of the available physical cores to deliver the best SQL Server performance from the compute resources.
- Configure the power plan as follows:
i Go to System Setup > System BIOS > System Profile Settings, and select Performance Per Watt Optimized (DAPC) from the list.
ii Go to System Setup > System BIOS > Processor Settings > Dell Controlled Turbo, and select Enabled.
- In the operating system: Go to Control Panel > Power Plans Scheme, and select High Performance Plan.