The following outlines the Dell EMC recommended practices for configuring the servers:
- Use the latest BIOS and firmware for Dell EMC PowerEdge servers.
- Use the latest vendor-subscribed HBA drivers.
- Enable Intel Hyper-Threading, which doubles the number of available cores and enables SQL Server to make best use of compute resources and deliver better performance.
- Configure the power plan as follows:
i Go to System Setup > System BIOS > System Profile Settings, and select Performance Per Watt Optimized (DAPC) from the drop-down list.
ii Go to System Setup > System BIOS > Processor Settings > Dell Controlled Turbo, and select Enabled.
- In the operating system: Go to Control Panel > Power Plans Scheme, and select High Performance Plan.