We set up the network interfaces for the Oracle Grid Infrastructure and Oracle RAC database as follows:
- Oracle public IP addresses and the database server’s FQDN were registered in the DNS server.
- One SCAN NAME and three SCAN virtual IP addresses were registered in the DNS server.
- The DNS server’s name and IP address were registered in the /etc/resolv.conf file of each of the Oracle RAC database nodes for name resolution.
- All Oracle private interconnect IP addresses and interface names were registered in the /etc/hosts file of each Oracle RAC database node.
- Oracle virtual IP (VIP) addresses for each of the Oracle RAC nodes that are in the same network as the Oracle public IP addresses were provided during the Oracle Grid installation.