PowerFlex deployment is a multi-step process that includes the configuration of hardware and software components. The steps in a PowerFlex deployment workflow for ESXi-based systems are summarized in this section. Use the PowerFlex manager to deploy and configure PowerFlex components on ESXi servers.
The main steps in the PowerFlex deployment workflow are:
- Configuring PowerFlex Manager.
- Discover resources.
- Configure the operating system installation network in PowerFlex Manager.
- Create a template.
- Configuring network settings in PowerFlex Manager templates.
- Publish a template.
- Deploying the PowerFlex GUI presentation server.
- Deploy the PowerFlex Gateway.
- Deploy a service.
For detailed instructions regarding the deployment process, see Deploy Dell EMC PowerFlex v3.5.x.