To support this solution, the data center environment required:
- Ethernet switching infrastructure that is capable of:
- Layer-3 routing with support for trunking
- Layer-2 VLAN ID and tagging (IEEE 802.1Q)
- Link Aggregation Control Protocol (LACP IEEE 802.3ad)
- The Spanning Tree PortFast feature
- Domain Name System (DNS) and Network Time Protocol (NTP) services. A Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) server is recommended.
- Sufficient power and cooling to support all components. To determine accurate power and cooling needs, see the product documentation for the corresponding component.