We followed these steps to configure Cloudera Hadoop from the Cloudera Manager Server:
- We accessed the Cloudera Manager IPADDR from a browser to install Cloudera Hadoop.
Figure 8. Access Cloudera Manager IPADDR
- We selected Cloudera Enterprise edition and proceeded as described by the wizard.
Figure 9. Select Cloudera Enterprise edition
- We specified the hostnames for Hadoop clusters.
Figure 10. Specify hostnames for clusters
- We selected a custom repository.
Figure 11. Selecting the custom repository
- We selected Use Parcels (Recommended) and continued.
Figure 12. Use parcels for installation
- We accepted the JDK license and continued.
Figure 13. Accept JDK license
- We entered login credentials for the user “root”.
Figure 14. Enter your login credentials
- The following screen appeared, indicating that installation was successful.
Figure 15. Successful installation
- From the Select Services screen, we clicked Essentials.
Figure 16. Select essential services
- We distributed the roles for Hadoop “Namenode” and “Datanodes” as shown in the figure below:
Figure 17. Distribute roles for hosts
- We provided all the configuration information for Hadoop and reviewed the changes.
Figure 18. Review and confirm information
- The following screen shows that the Hadoop configuration was successful and that all necessary services were running.
Figure 19. Successful Hadoop configuration