This Ready Stack provides the following key benefits:
- Resiliency—The Ready Stack architecture ensures that no single point of failure exists. Redundancy is incorporated in the critical aspects of the Ready Stack, which includes server high-availability features, redundant networking, and multipath storage.
- Virtualization support—We designed this Ready Stack for general-purpose virtualized workloads. Each server is equipped with suitable processing power, memory, and converged network adapters that support Ethernet and Fibre Channel (FC) as required for virtualization. Other Unity models are also supported.
- Scalability—You can configure this Ready Stack to suit your specific needs for a virtualized infrastructure. The Ready Stack supports flexibility in the form of various options, including server model, number of compute servers, server processor model, server memory capacity, type of FC storage, and FC storage capacity.
- Powerful all-flash storage—This Ready Stack for Microsoft Hyper-V solution uses the Unity x50F All Flash storage platform. With all-inclusive software, these all-flash systems deliver consistent performance with low response times and are a perfect fit for mixed virtual workload requirements.
- Integrated data protection—The IDPA preconfigured backup solution combines protection storage and software, search, analytics, and simplified management.
- Integrated management—This Ready Stack includes integrated management through Dell EMC OpenManage Integration for Microsoft System Center (OMIMSSC) for System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) and System Center Virtual Machine Manager (SCVMM).
- Microsoft SCCM provides patch management, software distribution, operating system deployment, network access protection, and hardware/software inventory and control.
- Microsoft SCVMM is a management solution that was developed for the virtualized data center. It can be used to configure and manage virtualized host, networking, and storage resources to create and deploy virtual machines and services to private, hybrid, and/or public clouds.
OMI helps automate and simplify hardware configuration as well as deployment of operating systems running on Dell EMC PowerEdge 14th generation servers. OMIMSSC offers agentless, out-of-band (OOB) hardware configuration, patching, and deployment.
The Dell EMC Integrated Dell Remote Access Controller 9 (iDRAC9) is the OOB management tool for Dell EMC PowerEdge rack servers. It has its own HTML5-based UI and can be accessed by using various methods, such as SSH, RACADM, and the Redfish API.
iDRAC9 Group Manager provides a one-to-many console for accessing the details of multiple servers. As needed, administrators can also use Dell EMC OpenManage Enterprise (OME) and OME Modular Edition to manage server content that is accessible through iDRAC9.
The IDPA DP4400 backup solution is supported for Hyper-V environments. The IDPA System Manager provides an HTML5-based UI to simplify and automate data protection management, monitoring, and reporting.