Dell EMC Ready Stack for Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform is a proven design to help organizations accelerate their container deployments and cloud-native adoption. This guide provides information for building an on-premises infrastructure solution to host OpenShift Container Platform 4.6. The guide describes the Dell Technologies design decisions and configurations that enable solution architects to:
- Design and deploy a container platform solution.
- Extend or modify the design as necessary to meet customer requirements.
This guide includes:
- Container ecosystem design overview
- Network infrastructure design guidance
- Container and application storage design guidance
- Server requirements to support OpenShift Container Platform node roles
- Hardware platform configuration recommendations
- Rack-level design and power configuration considerations
A companion deployment guide provides information about automation-assisted deployment of the solution. This guide is available at the Dell Technologies Solutions Info Hub for Containers.
For information about the manual installation and deployment of Red Hat software products, see OpenShift Container Platform 4.6 Documentation.
Note: This guide may contain language from third-party content that is not under Dell's control and is not consistent with Dell's current guidelines for Dell's own content. When this content is updated by the relevant third parties, this guide will be revised accordingly.