The Dell EMC Ready Stack for Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform 4.3 is a flexible design using infrastructure that has been designed, optimized, and validated for an OpenShift Container Platform 4.3 bare-metal deployment. This implementation uses storage that is connected using the Container Storage Interface (CSI) that is the standard method of attaching Persistent Volumes. The deployment that this guide describes does not require a hypervisor.
The Dell EMC Ready Stack solution consists of the following documents:
- Dell EMC Ready Stack design guide (this document)
- Dell EMC Ready Stack deployment guide
(both documents are available at the Dell Technologies Info Hub for Containers)
This Ready Stack solution provides:
- A detailed overview of validated OpenShift Container Platform hardware designs
- A scalable hardware platform of up to 210 worker nodes spread across seven racks
- Rapid implementation and time-to-value for the total solution
The solution includes the following components:
- Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform 4.3 for application development and deployment
- Dell EMC PowerEdge R640 and R740xd servers for compute and storage
- Dell EMC PowerSwitch S5200 series switches for infrastructure network enablement
- Dell EMC PowerSwitch S3048 switch for out-of-band (OOB) management of the cluster
- Brocade 6510 FC Switch (if required)
- Dell EMC PowerMax 2000 or 8000 storage with CSI driver (iSCSI or FC)
- Dell EMC Isilon H500 storage with CSI driver
Note: While you can rely on Red Hat Enterprise Linux security and container technologies to prevent intrusions and protect your data, some security vulnerabilities might persist. For information about security vulnerabilities in OpenShift Container Platform, see OCP Errata. For a general listing of Red Hat vulnerabilities, see the Red Hat Security Home Page.
OpenShift Container Platform 4.3 consists of many open-source components that have been carefully integrated to provide a consistently dependable platform on which you can develop and deploy scalable containerized applications. The platform provides great flexibility for accommodating platform deployment preferences. Kubernetes container orchestration software is at the heart of OpenShift Container Platform.
For more information about OpenShift Container Platform, see OpenShift Container Platform 4.3 Documentation.