This design guide describes the infrastructure that is necessary for the design, deployment, and operation of the application deployment platform to facilitate readiness for initial and ongoing operations. The describes the rationale for our design decisions and the recommended configurations to enable solution architects to:
- Design and deploy a solution
- Extend or modify the design as needed to meet requirements.
This guide includes:
- Container ecosystem design overview
- Network architecture and switch selection details
- Container and application storage selection options
- Hardware requirements to support OpenShift Container Platform node roles
- Hardware platform configuration requirements
- Hardware bill of materials (BOM) for all components that are required to assemble the OpenShift cluster
- Rack-level design and power configuration considerations
A companion deployment guide provides information about automation-assisted deployment of the solution. Search for Dell EMC Ready Stack: Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform 4.2 Deployment Guide on the Dell Technologies Info Hub for Container Solutions.
For information about the manual installation and deployment of Red Hat software products, see OpenShift Container Platform 4.2 Documentation.