This document provides design guidance for data analytics infrastructure managers and architects by describing a predesigned, validated, and scalable reference architecture for running CDP Private Cloud Base on Dell EMC hardware infrastructure. Topics that are discussed include:
- The software infrastructure components and versions that were used for CDP Private Cloud Base
- The cluster architecture that was designed for this application, including cluster node definitions, roles, and assignments
- The cluster physical and logical network designs
- Cluster sizing and scaling guidance
- High availability considerations
- Details of the PowerEdge server and PowerSwitch networking configurations
Dell Technologies and Cloudera have been collaborating for over eight years to provide customers with guidance on optimal hardware to streamline the design, planning, and configuration of their Cloudera deployments. Dell Technologies is a Platinum member of the Cloudera IHV Program, the highest level of partnership that indicates ongoing commitments to both Cloudera and customers. This document is based on the collective experience of both companies in deploying and running enterprise production environments for Cloudera software on Dell EMC hardware infrastructure.