The XtremIO X2 management console enables you to configure and manage XtremIO storage arrays. Follow the procedures in this section to accomplish these tasks:
- Create Initiator Groups.
- Create volumes.
- Map volumes to the host.
Creating Initiator Groups
Use the following steps to create an Initiator Group in XtremIO X2:
- From the XtremIO management console, select Configuration Initiator Groups and click New to start the wizard.
- In the Create Initiator Group wizard, enter the Initiator Group name, and click Next.
- On the Initiator Settings tab:
- Select all the initiators that belong to the same database server.
- Leave the Initiator Name to the default setting or change it as needed.
- For each initiator, select the operating system type that the database server is running.
For example, for the physical production and XVC database server, select Linux as the operating system type; for the virtual database server, select ESXi as the operating system type.
- On the Summary tab, review and verify the Initiator Group details and click Apply.
Create volumes in XtremIO X2 as follows:
- From the XtremIO management console, select Configuration > Volumes and click the New icon to start the wizard.
- In the New Volumes wizard, enter the Number of Volumes, Prefix for the volumes, and (common) Size for each volume, and then click Apply.
- On the main page of the management console, select Configuration > Volumes and verify if all volumes were created.
Mapping volumes to the host
Map volumes to the host in XtremIO X2 as follows:
- In the XtremIO management console, under the Volumes tab, select all the volumes that need to be mapped to the host server; click the Mapping icon, as shown in the following figure, to start the mapping wizard:
Figure 25. XtremIO management console: Initiating the Mapping wizard
- In the Mapping wizard, verify the information about the listed volumes; select the appropriate Initiator Group (server host) to which to map the volumes, as shown in the following figure, and then click Next:
Figure 26. Mapping wizard: Volume to Initiator Group mapping
- On the Mapping – Confirmation page, verify the mapping and click Apply.