To deploy the compute cluster, you need:
- iDRAC IP addresses or FQDNs
- iDRAC credentials
- iDRAC Enterprise license applied on all nodes
- Dell EMC-customized ESXi 6.5 image
For download instructions, see VMware vSphere ESXi 6.5.x on Dell EMC PowerEdge Systems Image Customization Information on Dell EMC Online Support. Make a note of the image location on your system because you will need it when mounting virtual media.
- Hostnames, Management VLAN ID, and IP address information
- vSphere credentials
- Static IP addresses for each of the management servers
- (Optional) DNS server records for hostnames
Note: The iDRAC User Guide provides instructions for setting up the iDRAC, including configuring the IP address. For a link to the guide, see the iDRAC page on Dell EMC Online Support.