After the setup is complete, you might need to disable SSH access to the ESXi hosts to comply with the organization’s security policies. Disable SSH access:
- Log in to the vCenter Server Appliance web console.
- From the Navigator menu, select Hosts and Clusters.
- Select an ESXi host, and then click the Configure tab.
- Select System > Security Profile.
- Scroll down to Services, as shown in the following figure, and then click Edit.
Figure 22. Services menu
- In the Edit Security Profile dialog box, as shown in the following figure, select SSH and click Stop.
Figure 23. Edit Security Profile page
- When prompted to confirm the change, click Yes.
- Change the startup policy to Start and stop manually.
- Click OK.