This section describes how to deploy vCenter Server Appliance with an embedded Platform Service Controller. For information about how to deploy vCenter Server Appliance with an external Platform Services Controller, see the VMware documentation.
To deploy vCenter Server Appliance, you need:
- vCenter Server Appliance ISO, downloaded to a location that will be available throughout the deployment process
- IP address for vCenter Server Appliance
- Hostname and, if required, DNS server record for hostname
- vCenter datastore LUN
Deploy vCenter Server Appliance
To deploy vCenter Server Appliance:
- Open the vCenter Server Appliance installation ISO file.
In this example we are using a Windows workstation. Depending on your workstation operating system, you might have to use an external utility to mount the ISO file.
- From the root of the ISO image, go to the \vcsa-ui-installer\win32\ directory.
- Double-click installer.exe.
- On the main menu of the installer utility, click Install.
- Review the introduction and click Next to continue.
- Review the End User License Agreement (EULA) carefully.
- If you agree with the terms of the EULA, select I accept the terms of the license agreement.
- Click Next to continue.
- Select vCenter Server with an Embedded Platform Services Controller, and then click Next.
- Enter the requested information for the first management host, as shown in the following figure.
Figure 17. vCenter Server information
- Verify that the details are correct, and then click Next.
- Confirm the certificate thumbprint, and then click Yes.
- Enter the name for the vCenter Server Appliance VM, and then create a password.
- Click Next.
The deployment sizing page provides a chart to assist you in selecting the deployment size.
- Select a deployment size and storage size, and then click Next.
- Select the management datastore that you previously created and click Next.
- Fill in the appropriate details on the configure network settings page, and then click Next.
- Verify that all the information displayed is correct and click Finish.
When the vCenter Server Appliance installation is complete, the following message appears.
Figure 18. Deployment complete message
- Click Continue to proceed to setting up the appliance.
Set Up vCenter Server Appliance
Set up vCenter Server Appliance:
- Review the introduction and click Next.
- Select the time synchronization mode and enter the NTP server information, as shown in the following figure, and then click Next.
Figure 19. NTP information
- Enter the requested SSO information, as shown in the following figure, and then click Next.
Figure 20. SSO information
- Review the information about the VMware Customer Experience Improvement Program.
- Choose whether to contribute.
- Click Next.
- Review the information for accuracy and click Finish.
A dialog box displays a message to warn you that you cannot pause or stop the installation after it begins.
- Click OK to proceed.
- After the setup is complete:
- Note the URLs that are provided.
- Click Close to exit the installer.