With the hosts joined to vCenter and connected to the virtual distributed switches, join the configuration to a cluster as described in this section.
Create the vCenter cluster object
Create the vCenter cluster object:
- Open a web browser and navigate to the vSphere Web Client at https://<vCenter Server Appliance FQDN or IP>/vsphere-client.
- Log in with an account that has administrator privileges.
- On the Home page, go to Hosts and Clusters.
- Under Navigator, right-click the virtual datacenter object, and then click New Cluster.
- Enter a name for the cluster (for example, Compute01).
- Enable Distributed Resource Scheduler and HA by selecting Turn ON next to each item.
- Click OK.
Move hosts to the cluster
After creating the cluster, move the compute hosts into the cluster:
- On the left pane that displays the host and cluster objects, select the first compute host.
- Left-click the host and hold down the mouse button.
- Drag the host over the cluster object and release the mouse.
- After HA configuration is complete, repeat the preceding step for the remaining hosts.