Add vCenter Server to Unisphere storage management to ensure that specific vSphere features such as Virtual Volumes (VVols) work properly.
- Log in to Unisphere storage management.
- Under Access, select VMware.
- Click the plus sign (+) in the upper left of the right pane to open the Add vCenter wizard.
- In the Network Name or Address field, enter the IP address of the vCenter server.
If DNS has been configured in the environment, you can also use the hostname of the vCenter server.
- In the User Name and Password fields, enter the administrator credentials for the vCenter server, and then click Find.
- Select the ESXi hosts to be imported to Unisphere storage management, and then click Next.
- On the Configure VASA Provider page:
- Select Register VASA Provider.
- In the User Name and Password fields, enter the vCenter credentials.
- Click Next.
- On the Summary page, review the displayed information and click Finish.