Dell EMC Ready Stack is proven, tested, and optimized to help organizations meet long‑term data center needs for a variety of mixed workloads. Ready Stack provides the simplicity of a complete, yet flexible, validated converged infrastructure (CI) that is based on the following components:
- Dell EMC Unity XT x80 storage
- Dell EMC PowerEdge servers
- Dell EMC S-Series switches
- Dell EMC Connectrix DS-6600 Series Fibre Channel (FC) switches
- VMware data center virtualization and management product suites that support the VMware Cloud Foundation integrated hybrid cloud platform
- Dell EMC Integrated Data Protection Appliance (IDPA) DP4400 backup solution
This Dell EMC Ready Stack includes:
- All CI stack components—compute, storage, networking, and data protection—from one trusted vendor
- A reference architecture that incorporates physical topology diagrams and general connectivity guidelines
- Design guidance that focuses on scale, flexibility, and high availability
- Design and deployment guidance that incorporates validation, interoperability testing, and best practices
- Software-designed data center (SDDC) integration that enables intelligent operations, automation, and analysis through VMware vRealize Automation, VMware vRealize Log Insight, and VMware vRealize Operations
- Unified management and system monitoring through VMware vCenter and VMware Cloud Foundation SDDC Manager
Dell EMC has conducted validation testing, including testing of hardware and software stability as well as feature functionality and interoperability. The validation processes were designed to ensure that the Ready Stack provides a stable, highly available platform for your VMware vSphere workloads. VMware validated the PowerEdge server configurations as vSAN Ready Nodes, which form the basis for the compute and storage components in a VMware Cloud Foundation deployment.
In addition to Ready Stack, Dell EMC offers other SDDC platforms that are enabled by VMware Cloud Foundation, including Dell EMC VxRail SDDC.