Dell EMC Virtual Storage Integrator (VSI) for VMware vSphere Web Client is a vCenter plug-in that enables administrators to view, manage, and optimize storage.
Deploy the VSI appliance
To deploy the VSI virtual appliance:
- Download the current VSI for VMware vSphere Client OVA from Dell EMC Online Support.
- Log in to the vSphere Web Client.
- On the Home page, go to Hosts and Clusters.
- Right-click the vCenter cluster and select Deploy OVF Template.
The following message is displayed:
This site is using the VMware Client integration Plug-In. Do you want to allow it to access your operating system?
- Click Allow to launch the Deploy OVF Template wizard.
- At Select source, enter the location of the Solutions Integration Service OVA file, and then click Next.
- On the Review details page, verify that the information is correct, and then click Next.
- Accept the End User License Agreement, and then click Next.
- At Select name and folder, enter a name for the destination folder if you want to change it from the default location.
- Select the folder or data center location where you want to save the Solutions Integration Service OVA file, and then click Next.
- At Select a resource, select the compute resource, and then click Next.
- At Select storage, select a disk format and datastore, and then click Next.
- At Setup network:
- Select a network.
- Select the IP address format IPV4 for the Solutions Integration Service.
- For the Customize Template properties:
- Enter the IP address, default gateway, netmask, and DNS server IP address, if any.
- Click Next.
- In the Ready to Complete dialog box, verify the details, and then click Finish.
- Right-click the name of the VM with the newly deployed Solutions Integration Service, and then select Power On.
Wait for the deployment to finish and for the Solutions Integration Service to be operational.
- Verify the REST web service deployment:
- Open a web browser, and go to:
For example: https://192.168.0.3:8443/vsi_usm/
- Accept all certificates or add them to exceptions.
- Change the root password:
- Log in to the vSphere console with the default username root and password root.
- At the prompt, set a new, secure password for the root user.
- Enable SSH:
- Log in to vSphere.
- Run the following commands:
# systemctl enable sshd
# systemctl start sshd
Register the VSI plug-in
Register the VSI plug-in so that you can download and enable the VSI plug-in extensions:
- Open a web browser and go to the Solutions Integration Service Administrator web page, logging in with the Solutions Integration Service credentials as follows:
For example: https://192.168.0.3:8443/vsi_usm/admin
- Click VSI Setup and enter values for the following parameters:
- vCenter IP/Hostname—IP address that contains the VSI plug-in package
- vCenter Username—Username that has administrative privileges
- vCenter Password—Administrator’s password
- Admin Email (Optional)—Email address to which to send notifications
- Click Register.
- Browse to the vSphere Web Client address.
- In the vSphere Web Client window, select vCenter in the navigation pane to verify that Dell EMC VSI is listed.