After you create both the NFS and FC storage resources on the Unity XT x80 system, deploy the VI workload domain. If you are using vSAN, only the FC storage resources on the Unity XT 80 are used.
Deploy the VI workload domain as follows:
- On the SDDC Manager Dashboard, click + Workload Domain, and then click VI – Virtual Infrastructure.
- Under Storage Selection, select NFS or vSAN, and then click Next.
- When the VI Configuration wizard begins, enter the environment-specific details on the Name, Compute, and NSX pages.
- On the NFS Storage page, enter the NFS share path that you specified in Configure the shared file system.
For vSAN, on the vSAN Storage page, specify the level of availability required. A value of 1 is the recommended minimum.
- Continue with the wizard to specify details for the Hosts, Licenses, and Object Names pages.
- On the Review page, click Finish to begin the workload domain deployment.
When the deployment is complete, SDDC Manager displays the NFS share information, as shown in the following figure:
Figure 14. SDDC Manager summary (NFS storage)