Before deploying the FC switches, connect all power cables and management cables. For cabling guidelines for the storage array and hosts, see Connectrix DS-6620B on Dell EMC Online Support.
To deploy the Connectrix DS-6620B switches:
- Using the serial cable that shipped with the switch, connect the COM port on your setup computer to the serial port on the switch.
The serial connection settings are:
- 9600 bits per second
- No parity/no flow control
- 8 data bits/1 stop bit
- Open a terminal emulator program, such as PuTTY, and log in to the switch console by using the following default credentials:
- When prompted, change the password.
- Type ipAddrSet and press Enter to open the IP configuration dialog box, and then configure the following settings:
- DHCP—Select On or Off (default setting is Off).
- Ethernet IP Address—Set an IP address for the switch.
- Ethernet Subnetmask—Set a subnet mask for the switch.
- Gateway IP Address—Set a default gateway for the switch.
- Close the terminal emulator program and disconnect the serial cable from the switch.
- Repeat the process on the second switch if needed.
- Verify that the FC switches are visible on the network.