Add cluster hosts to the storage array:
- For each server to be added to the storage array, obtain the HBA’s WWNs.
You can view the HBA WWNs from the server’s iDRAC or ESXi shell:
- To view the WWNs from the iDRAC, log in to the iDRAC, expand Hardware, and then click Fibre Channel devices. Expand a device under Fibre Channel Ports to view the port’s WWN.
- To view the WWN from the ESXi shell, run the following command:
esxcli storage core adapter list
The port WWNs are displayed, as shown in the following figure:
Figure 6. WWN in ESXi shell
- Log in to Unisphere storage management.
- Under Access, click Hosts.
- Click the plus sign (+) in the upper left of the Hosts pane.
- In the Name field, name the server, and then click Next.
The Automatically Discovered Initiators section of the window shows all discovered initiators.
- Select the WWN of the server that is being added to the storage array, and then click Next.
- Review the selections and click Finish.
- Repeat the preceding steps for all compute servers to be added to the storage array.