Configure the prerequisites to install ESXi 6.7:
- Map the virtual disk:
- In the iDRAC virtual console, click Connect Virtual Media, and then click Map CD/DVD.
- In the Drive/Image File dialog box, enter the drive location and click Map Device.
- Set the boot device and load the operating system executable files:
- In the virtual console, select Next Boot, and then select Virtual CD/DVD/ISO.
- When the following message appears, click OK:
The selected device is set as the boot device for the next boot until another user changes the selected boot device. Therefore, it is recommended to reboot the server immediately after saving this selection. Click OK to save the selection.
Virtual CD/DVD/ISO is set as the boot device.
- Restart the server.