Set up NIC teaming in Windows Server 2016:
- In Server Manager, select Local Server.
- In Properties, click NIC Teaming status – Disabled.
- In NIC Teaming, from TASKS, select New Team.
- In New team, type the team name, for example ConvergedNet Team, and select the NICs that you want to include in the team.
- In Additional properties, set Teaming mode to Switch Independent and Load balancing mode to Dynamic, and then click OK.
Note: The dynamic mode is a new feature of Windows Server 2016. The load balancing algorithm, which balances traffic using flowlets, can spread both inbound and outbound traffic. The Hyper-V port algorithm forces all VM traffic only through one physical NIC, whereas the dynamic mode spreads traffic across all the NICs, regardless of workload.
- Verify that the NICs are active.