Install Windows Server 2016 on the PowerEdge R740 server:
- Power on the server and press any key after you see the following message:
Booting from Virtual CD
Press any key to boot from CD or DVD.
The Windows Server setup appears.
- Select language preference, time and currency format, and keyboard or input method, and then click Next.
- In Windows Setup, click Install now.
- Type the product key, and then click Next.
- Select OS - Windows Server 2016 Datacenter (Server with GUI), and then click Next.
- In License terms, select I accept the license terms, and then click Next.
- In Installation type, select Custom: Install windows only (advanced).
- Select Drive0 Unallocated Space and click New to create the partition, and then click Next > Next.
- When the following message appears, click OK:
To ensure that all Windows features work correctly, Windows might create additional partitions for system files
- After the installation is complete, on the Settings page, set the username and password.