Configure a virtual disk for OS deployment on the PowerEdge 740 server:
- Log in to iDRAC and launch the virtual console.
- From the Power menu, select Power on the system.
- When the following message appears, click Yes:
You are about to execute a server control action. Are you sure you want to continue?
The system restarts.
- To run the RAID configuration utility, press Ctrl-R when the following message appears:
press CTRL + R to Run configuration utility
- In the configuration utility, select PERC H730 Mini, and then press F2 to enable operations.
- From the list box, select Create New VD.
- Set RAID Level to RAID-1, select physical disks, set the basic settings, use default virtual disk size, virtual disk name, and then click OK.
Note: The OS partition is not I/O intensive. RAID 1 is recommended for OS partitions so that they have hardware redundancy.
- When the following message appears, click OK:
It is recommended that all newly created logical drives be initialized unless you are attempting to recreate a previous configuration and recover data as initialization is a destructive process. Are you sure you want to skip initialization?
The virtual disk is created.
- Exit Setup and restart the server.