The Dell EMC OMIMSSC appliance facilitates operating system deployment, hardware patching, firmware updates, and server maintenance. OMIMSSC provides integrations with the Microsoft System Center suite of products that enable full lifecycle management of the Dell EMC servers by using iDRAC with Lifecycle Controller (LC). With OMIMSSC, you can either integrate with Microsoft SCCM for managing the Dell EMC servers or with Microsoft SCVMM in virtualized or cloud environments.
- You use VM resource controls and settings to configure reservations that ensure that necessary CPU and memory resources are available to the VMs.
- The VMs have network access to the iDRACs, the hosts, the cluster, and the management network.
SCVMM is one of Microsoft's System Center VM management and reporting tools, alongside established tools such as SCOM. For more information, see the Microsoft article What is Virtual Machine Manager?
To deploy SCVMM:
- Go to the Microsoft article System requirements for System Center Virtual Machine Manager.
- Click Plan VVM installation in the left navigation bar to access the deployment requirements.
- To perform the deployment, follow the instructions under Install VVM.
To deploy SCOM:
- Go to the Microsoft Operations Manager Planning Guide
- Click Plan in the left navigation bar to access the deployment requirements.
- To perform the deployment, follow the instructions under Deploy.
To deploy OMISCC:
- Download OMIMSSC from Dell EMC Online Support and save the file to your hard drive.
- Extract the files:
- Browse to the location where you downloaded the file and double-click the file to unzip the download package.
- Click Continue.
- Specify the location to which you want to extract the files.
- Click OK to extract the files.
The message All files were successfully unzipped appears.
- Click OK to exit.
- Install the files:
- Browse to the location of the extracted files.
- Complete the installation by following the instructions in the OpenManage Integration Version 7.0 for Microsoft System Center Installation Guide.
Note: If you have not already done so, register with Dell EMC Online Support for product support.