- Connect all power cords and management cables to the appropriate networks.
- Ensure that any additional drive array enclosures are connected.
- Connect the Unity array to the network.
A best practice is to configure the array with a static IP address. You can assign the management IP address for the Unity system statically or dynamically:
- Dynamic―If DHCP is supported on your network, the Unity system automatically obtains a network address when you power it up.
- Static―Download, install, and run the Connection Utility software on a computer with access to the subnet where you installed your Unity system. Ensure that you have the serial number of the Unity system, and the IP address, the subnet mask, and the default gateway that you want to use. This information is part of the site survey in Appendix A.
- Launch Unisphere storage management:
- Open your web browser, enter the IP address from step 3 as the destination, and log in with the default credentials:
- Follow the initial configuration wizard through basic settings such as licensing, storage pool creation, alerts, support, and networking.
You can perform these tasks from the Dell EMC Unisphere interface at any time by clicking the gear icon in the top menu bar to open the Settings page.