To install the control-plane nodes:
- Connect to the iDRAC of a control-plane node and open the virtual console.
- In the iDRAC UI, click Configuration and select BIOS Settings.
- Expand Network Settings.
- Set PXE Device1 to Enabled.
- Expand PXE Device1 Settings.
- Set NIC in Slot 2 Port 1 Partition 1 as the interface.
- Scroll to the bottom of the Network Settings section and select Apply.
The system boots automatically into the PXE network and displays the PXE menu, as shown in the following figure:
Figure 5. iDRAC console PXE menu
- Select etcd-0 (the first node), and, after the installation is complete but before the node reboots into the PXE, ensure that the hard disk is placed above the PXE interface in the boot order, as follows:
- Press F2 to enter System Setup.
- Select System BIOS > Boot Settings > UEFI Boot Settings > UEFI Boot Sequence.
- Select PXE Device 1 and click -.
- Repeat the preceding step until PXE Device 1 is at the bottom of the boot menu.
- Click OK and then click Back.
- Click Finish and save the changes.
- Let the node boot into the hard drive where the operating system is installed.
- After the node comes up, ensure that the hostname is displayed as etcd-0 in the iDRAC console, as shown in the following figure:
Figure 6. Control-plane node (etcd-0) iDRAC console
- Repeat the preceding steps for the remaining two control-plane nodes, selecting etcd‑1 for the second control-plane node and etcd-2 for the third control-plane node.
- After all three control-plane (etcd-*) nodes are installed and running, from the CSAH node, log in to the bootstrap node as user core and check the status of the bootkube service:
[core@bootstrap ~]$ journalctl -b -f -u release-image.service -u bootkube.service
Dec 05 08:35:46 bootstrap.example.com bootkube.sh: Sending bootstrap-finished event.Tearing down temporary bootstrap control plane...
Dec 05 08:35:46 bootstrap.example.com bootkube.sh: Waiting for CEO to finish...
Dec 05 08:35:46 bootstrap.example.com bootkube.sh: I1205 08:35:46.764292 1 waitforceo.go:64] Cluster etcd operator bootstrapped successfully
Dec 05 08:35:46 bootstrap.example.com bootkube.sh: I1205 08:35:46.765279 1 waitforceo.go:58] cluster-etcd-operator bootstrap etcd
Dec 05 08:35:46 bootstrap.example.com bootkube.sh: bootkube.service complete
- Ensure that the output of the bootkube.service is complete.