OpenShift Container Platform cluster administrators can map storage to containers. For a list of supported PV plug-ins, see Types of PVs in the OpenShift Container Platform documentation. This chapter describes how to use Dell CSI drivers to configure iSCSI and FC storage for PowerMax and Dell EMC Isilon nodes powered by Dell EMC PowerScale OneFS systems.
This chapter provides information about:
- Installing the CSI Operator
- Specifying prerequisites for installing CSI drivers
- Installing CSI drivers for PowerMax and Isilon systems with support for FC, iSCSI or NFS storage protocol
- Creating static and dynamic PVs by using CSI drivers
- OpenShift cluster 4.3 is running with multiple worker nodes running Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.6 or later.
Note: Red Hat does not support running Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8.x on a worker node.
- PowerMax and Isilon storage systems are properly configured.
- FC switches are configured with proper zoning. Worker nodes and PowerMax storage systems are accessible to each other.
- PowerMax storage systems are configured for iSCSI or FC.
- Isilon storage systems are configure for NFS.
- Multipathing service is installed, configured, and running in all worker nodes.
Dell CSI drivers currently do not support RHCOS as a compute node.
All compute nodes run the multipathd service. For more information, see Appendix A.