The customer environment must have:
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server subscriptions with OpenShift-3.11 Enterprise
- Eleven PowerEdge R640 servers with integrated Dell Remote Access Controller (iDRAC) Enterprise licenses
- Four PowerEdge R740xd servers with iDRAC Enterprise licenses
- Static IP addresses set for iDRAC NICs and cabled to the Dell EMC Networking S3048-ON switch that is uplinked to the data switches
- Between two and four 10 GbE or 25 GbE NICs
Note: This Ready Architecture uses four 25 GbE NICs in bond mode=4.
- Switches supporting LACP port channels with untagged and tagged VLANs on the same interface
The Dell EMC Ready Architecture for Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform uses Dell EMC Networking S5232F-ON switches. These switches are referred to as S5232F-1 and S5232F-2 in this guide.
- DNS wildcard entries for the *.DomainX that resolve to the openshift_cluster_ip address in /etc/ansible/hosts
- Internet access to download packages and updates
The deployment procedures in this guide assume that:
- Servers and networking switches are racked, and power and network cabling has been completed in accordance with the instructions in the architecture guide.
- Static IP addresses are set on the iDRAC NICs, and the NICs are cabled to the S3048-ON switch.