Prepare the cluster nodes as follows:
- For each server, log in to the iDRAC website and open an iDRAC remote console.
- Set Next boot to PXE.
- Power on each server and monitor the progress of the automated Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.6 PXE installation on each server.
After the PXE installation is complete, the server reboots. Each server returns to the login prompt and all network interfaces are configured, as shown in the following figure.
Figure 2. Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.6 post-installation page
- After the Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.6 installation is complete, ping each server on the internal IP address from the bastion node to verify that the installation was successful.
- If a server fails to complete the PXE installation, reboot the server and retry the installation.
- If failure persists, check your settings.
- If you find mistakes in your hosts file, re-run ipxe.yml to update the kickstart files on the bastion node.
You can find the kickstart files for each node on the bastion node at /tftp/rhel/media/.