The XtremIO X2 management console enables you to configure and manage XtremIO storage arrays. This section provides the steps to accomplish the following tasks on XtremIO X2 storage arrays:
- Creating Initiator Groups
- Creating volumes
- Mapping volumes to host
Creating Initiator Groups
Use the following steps to create an Initiator Group in XtremIO X2:
- From the XtremIO Management UI, select Configuration Initiator Groups and click New to start the wizard.
Figure 17. XtremIO Management GUI: Create new Initiator Group
- In the Create Initiator Group wizard, enter the initiator group name and click Next.
Figure 18. Create Initiator Group wizard: Initiator Group name
- In the Initiator Settings tab:
- Select all the initiators from the list that belong to the same database server.
- Leave the Initiator Name to the default setting or change as needed.
- For each initiator, select the correct OS type that the database server is running. For example, in case of the physical production and XVC databases server, select Linux as the OS type, and in case of the virtual databases server, select ESXi as the OS type.
Figure 19. Create Initiator Group wizard: Select initiators
- In the Summary tab, review and verify the initiator group details and click Apply.
Figure 20. Create Initiator Group wizard: Summary
Use the following steps to create volumes in XtremIO X2:
- From the XtremIO Management GUI, select Configuration Volumes and click New to start the wizard.
Figure 21. XtremIO Management GUI: Create new Volumes
- In the New Volumes wizard, enter the Number of Volumes, Prefix for the volumes, (common) Size for each volume, and click APPLY.
Figure 22. New Volumes wizard: Number, prefix, and size of new volumes
- In the main Management UI, click Configuration Volumes and verify if all volumes were created, as specified.
Figure 23. XtremIO Management GUI: List and verify volumes
Mapping volumes to host
Use the following steps to map volumes to host in XtremIO X2:
- In the XtremIO Management GUI, under the Volumes tab, select all the volumes that need to be mapped to the host server and click Mapping to start the mapping wizard
Figure 24. XtremIO Management GUI: Select volumes to map to host
- In the Mapping wizard, verify if all listed volumes are as wanted, select the appropriate Initiator Group (server host) to which to map these volumes, and click NEXT.
Figure 25. Mapping wizard: Volume to Initiator Group mapping
- Verify the mapping and click APPLY.
Figure 26. Mapping wizard: Mapping confirmation