Mount the customized ESXi 6.5 image:
- Using a web browser, go to the iDRAC web interface at https://<iDRAC_Address>.
- Log in with the appropriate credentials. The default credentials for iDRAC are as follows:
- Next to the Virtual Console Preview, click Launch to open the remote console, then enable pop-up support for each iDRAC in your chosen browser.
- Under Virtual Media, select Connect Virtual Media.
- After the virtual media is connected, mount the customized ESXi 6.5 ISO image:
- Select Virtual Media again, and then select Map CD/DVD.
- Click Browse and locate the customized ESXi 6.5 ISO image, select the image, and then click Open.
- On the Virtual Media – Map CD/DVD screen, click Map Device.
- From the Virtual Console menu bar, select Next Boot > Virtual CD/DVD/ISO.
- Click OK to continue, and verify that the location of the ISO image you have mapped is available throughout the full installation process.
- From the Virtual Console menu bar, select Power > Power on System or, if the system is already on, select Power > Power Cycle System (cold boot).
After the power on self-test, the Boot Menu appears, confirming that the virtual media is mounted, as shown in the following figure.
Figure 5. Boot Menu