Install VMware ESXi:
- In the iDRAC Virtual Console, on the Welcome to VMware ESXi 6.5.0 Installation screen, press Enter.
- Review the terms of the license agreement, and press F11 to accept the agreement and continue.
- When prompted, select a disk to install, use your cursor keys to select the SATADOM device as shown in the following figure, and then press Enter to continue.
Figure 6. Selecting the installation disk
- An ESXi Found message, shown in the figure below, indicates that the disk has previously been used for ESXi. If this message appears, use the cursor keys to select Install, press the spacebar, and then press Enter to perform a fresh installation.
Figure 7. ESXi Found message
- Choose the keyboard layout for your environment, and then press Enter to continue.
- At Enter a root password, type the password that you want to use for the root account, type the password again at the Confirm prompt, and then press Enter.
- At Confirm Install, press F11 to install ESXi 6.5.
- When the installation completes, from the Virtual Console menu bar, select Virtual Media > Disconnect Virtual Media.
- When prompted, click Yes to confirm that you want to close the session.
- At Installation Complete, press Enter to restart the server.