Before you begin installing PowerFlex Manager, gather the information that is required to deploy the PowerFlex Manager virtual appliance and ensure that:
- The static IP addresses are not being used anywhere else in the environment and the correct networks are defined.
- The appropriate VMware licenses are deployed. Only VMware vSphere Web Client is supported on vCenter version until 6.7 U3.
- The VMware vCenter Server and VMware vSphere Client or vSphere Client are running.
- The TCP/IP address information is available for the PowerFlex Manager virtual appliance.
- The static IP addresses are not used anywhere else in the environment.
- The management, operating system installation, and OOB management networks are defined in the PowerFlex management controller.
Note: You can configure PowerFlex Manager as the DHCP server or PXE server in the Initial Setup wizard when you first log in to the PowerFlex Manager UI. If you specified that you want to use an external server in the LCS, it is already configured.