Use the web-based configuration wizard to configure OpenManage Enterprise – Modular Edition:
- Open a browser to the chassis IP and log in to OME–Modular. The home page is displayed.
- Click Configure > Initial Configuration. The Chassis Deployment Wizard is displayed.
Note: A configuration wizard is displayed if the user logs in to the OME-Modular web interface for the first time. If the wizard is closed or accessed during subsequent connections, the web interface can be accessed again by clicking Configure > Initial Configuration. This option is displayed only if the chassis is not yet configured.
- On the Import Profile tab, click Next.
- On the Time Configuration tab, click Configure Time Settings and configure the time zone and timestamp of the configuration.
- Click the Use NTP check box to configure the primary, secondary, or tertiary NTP addresses, and then click Next.
The Activity and Alerts tab is displayed.
Note: If you select multiple NTP servers, OME–Modular selects the NTP server algorithmically.
- Configure the email, SNMP, and syslog settings, and then click Next.
The iDRAC tab is displayed.
- Click the Configure iDRAC Quick Deploy Settings check box to configure the password to access the iDRAC web interface and the management IP addresses, and then click Next.
You can select the slots to which the iDRAC Quick Deploy settings must be applied.
The Network IOM tab is displayed.
- Click the Configure I/O Module Quick Deploy Settings check box to configure the password to access the IOM console and management IP addresses, and then click Next.
The Firmware tab is displayed.
- Click the Configure all devices to use following catalog check box, click the New Catalog check box, and click Catalog to open the Add Firmware Catalog window.
- Type a name for the catalog, and under Catalog Source ensure that Latest component firmware versions on Dell.com is selected, and then click Finish to save the changes and return to the Chassis Deployment Wizard.
- Wait for the job to finish and select the new catalog name in the box, and then click Next.
- Click Next to view the Proxy tab, do not enable, and then click Next.
- Click Next to view the Group Definition tab.
- Click Create Group to configure the chassis group settings.
- Click Next to view the Summary tab.
Note: After setting the time in the lead chassis, wait for the lead chassis time and the member chassis time to synchronize before performing any operation. The time configuration can be disruptive.