Dell EMC HCI Solutions for Microsoft Windows Server can be deployed in either of the following ways:
- Manual operating system deployment—Begin by manually installing the operating system on AX nodes.
- Factory-installed operating system deployment—Begin with AX nodes that have factory-installed Windows Server 2016 with the Desktop Experience feature or Windows Server 2019 with the Desktop Experience feature. Core edition is not available as a factory-installed operating system.
Each deployment method has prerequisites, including configuring network switches, as described in this guide.
- Windows Server 2016 generally available (GA) build with the latest applicable updates
- Windows Server 2019 GA build
- Azure Stack HCI operating system