Perform the following best practices for the guest VM:
- Set VM power plan to High Performance.
- Reserve the memory used by the VMs.
- Use dedicated para virtual Small Computer System Interface (SCSI) controllers for each attached disk.
- Use the XFS file system for all database volumes as it performs well on multithreaded environments with a high number of CPUs.
- Create Virtual Machine Disks (VMDKs) as Eager Zero thick provisioned to improve the performance and security.
- Enable block multi queue in the VMs.
- Enable transparent huge pages.
- Expand resource limits for mysql user. For more information, see MariaDB documentation.
- Disable swap.