The supported Ethernet and FC adapter card models, the number of slots available for expansion, and the maximum number of networking ports that are supported per node is driven by factors such as the VxRail series selected for the cluster, and the number of CPUs installed per node.
- The integrated NDC/OCP ports installed into the back of each VxRail node is required. A VxRail node cannot be ordered without an NDC/OCP adapter selection.
- There is only one NCP/OCP slot per VxRail node, and only one option can be selected per VxRail node.
- PCIe expansion slots can be populated to support VxRail cluster networking, or to support networking requirements outside of VxRail.
- 16th generation Intel platform
- 15th generation Intel platform
- 14th generation Intel platform
- Platform with AMD processors
The following figures show the network connectivity options that are supported for base connectivity on the integrated adapter cards for each VxRail model series, and the available PCIe-based adapter options for the expansion slots on the nodes.