The following tables show the network connectivity options that are supported for base connectivity on the integrated adapter cards for each VxRail model series, and the available PCIe-based adapter options for the expansion slots on the nodes. The supported Ethernet and Fibre Channel adapter card models, the number of slots available for expansion, and the maximum number of networking ports supported per node are driven by factors such as the VxRail model series selected for the cluster and the number of CPUs installed per node.
The following networking connectivity rules apply to VxRail nodes:
- The integrated NDC/OCP ports installed into the back of each VxRail node are required. A VxRail node cannot be ordered without an NDC/OCP adapter selection.
- There is only one NCP/OCP slot per VxRail node, and only one option can be selected per VxRail node.
- PCIe expansion slots can be populated to support VxRail cluster networking, or to support networking requirements outside of VxRail
The integrated and expansion network connectivity options are displayed for:
- VxRail nodes based on the PowerEdge 15th generation Intel platform
- VxRail nodes based on the PowerEdge 14th generation Intel platform
- VxRail nodes based on the PowerEdge platform with AMD processors
Figure 7. Integrated connectivity options for 15th generation VxRail models with Intel CPUs
Figure 8. Expansion Connectivity Options for 15th Generation VxRail models with Intel CPUs
Figure 9. Integrated connectivity options for 14th generation VxRail models with Intel CPUs
Figure 10. Built-In Connectivity Options for VxRail Models with AMD CPUs
Figure 11. Expansion Connectivity Options for VxRail Models with AMD CPUs